Need to Schedule a Mediation?

For mediation involving child custody or visitation please click here for Family Court Mediation Services - or call 805-781-5423.

For mediation regarding a small claims case, an eviction, a civil restraining order, or a case that has not yet been filed, please call Creative Mediation at 805-549-0442 or visit their website at www.creativemediation.net.

For private mediation by a local attorney-mediator, please refer to the list of Panel Mediators and Arbitrators from the ADR Section of the local Bar Association. Also, each courtroom has a binder for reference with a more detailed list including biographies of the members of this panel.

If you have an order for Judicial Mediation, please contact the Civil Department at 805-781-5677 in San Luis Obispo or 805-237-3079 in Paso Robles. Have your case number ready and tell the clerk you need to schedule a "Judicial Mediation". Judicial Mediation can only be requested in court, must be ordered by the judge, and is only allowed for unlimited cases. If your case number starts with an “LC” you’ll need to contact a private mediator.

Please Note...

If your case has recently been filed, please refer to your Case Management Order. You'll note that early mediation is strongly encouraged and that the court will typically provide an order to mediate at an early case management conference.

If you've had your case management conference, you may already have a "Mediation Order". This order provides a deadline by which you must have completed mediation, as well as information on who must be present for the mediation session. Scheduling can take time. Contact a mediator (or the civil department if you have been ordered to Judicial Mediation) to schedule your mediation session well ahead of time or you may miss your deadline. Reviewing our court's Local Rules may also be helpful.

What are the benefits to Mediation? Click here.